By registering for the Friends of Karura 10th Anniversary Race, all participants are deemed to have given the following waiver and indemnity:
- I know that running a race is potentially dangerous activity. By submitting my entry, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained.
- I agree to follow the instructions of the marshals and race officials and abide by any decision of a race official in relation to my participation in this event. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or roller blades are not allowed in the race and I will abide by all race rules.
- I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road, tracks and trails, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
- In consideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release Run Beyond Limited, Team Jasho, Friends of Karura Forest, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors, to the extent permitted by law, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.
- I grant permission to all of the above to use my photographs, videos, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
- I understand that first aid will be available, but that any participants requiring additional treatment will be transported to nearest medical facility at The Nairobi Hospital in the Warwick Centre, United Nations Avenue. I assume liability for all costs of medical treatment and acknowledge that the race organisers are not responsible for these costs.
- Parents/guardians registering any runners under the age of 18 are deemed to have accepted this waiver/indemnity on their behalf.